Saturday, January 30, 2010

Appeal received from Pune

Dear friends,

This is an appeal for my father who is a senior citizen – Mr. Khusru Daver.
He served at the Patel Dokhma (Tower of Silence) in Pune as a caretaker for 10 years and then had to resign as he was diagnosed with elephantiasis and since September 2009 he is at home.
(For those who are not aware, The Tower of Silence is the resting place of the dead of the Zoroastrians)

However, yesterday (27th January) he had a seizure and had to be admitted in the hospital.
Right now he is admitted in Jehangir Hospital in Pune and is in the ICU on a ventilator.

I am his daughter, Kainaaz Driver.
I am not working as I left my job 2 years back in order to take care of my child.
My brothers are in Mumbai. The eldest is also working at the Dokhma (Tower of Silence) in Mumbai and my second brother isn’t well off either.
My mother too has a broken wrist and is at home with a plaster on her hand.
My husband is the only working member of my family and I am not in a financial state to be able to fund the mounting hospital’s ICU Bills. The little savings that I had, I’ve used up towards the previous medical bills for my parents and towards the deposit for the ICU which was Rs.50,000/-
But the bills are increasing by the day.

My father served our zoroastrian community selflessly and with a true heart.
He continued his service till his last physical ability.
Unfortunately, he doesn’t have any savings of his own nor any insurance to back up on.

This is a sincere appeal to one and all, for donations.
Whoever can help in whatever small way, we would be highly obliged.
For those who cannot help us financially, please do remember us when you pray.

For anyone who would like to verify the details, Mr. Khusru Daver is admitted in the ICU ward on bed no.118 in Jehangir Hospital, Pune.

Cheques or drafts may be drawn in the name of Mr. Khusru Daver.
& may be sent to the following address:
Mr. Khusru Daver
c/o Mrs. Kainaaz Driver
J – 19/20
Konark Pooram
Kondhwa
Pune 411 048

Tandarosti to all,
Kainaaz Driver

1 comment:

  1. *** The above appeal is now closed. Please refer message below. ***

    Dear Friends,

    You all will be please to know that my father, Mr. Khusru Daver is now out of the hospital by the blessings and Grace of Ahura Mazda.

    I take this opportunity to thank each and everyone who prayed for us and those who rendered their support towards us in our hour of need.
    A very big Thank you!

    I would also request you all to kindly stop sending further donations.
    As you all have been generous and forwarded my appeal to all other Zarthostis in your mail group, I would request you all to also forward this particular mail to them, in order to inform them too of the same.

    May God Bless you all with your loved ones.

    Tandarosti to all.

    With gratitude and thanks,
    Kainaaz Driver and Daver Family.

    ReplyDelete